- Go to Content>Article Manager (if you are in the control panel of the Back-End, simply click on Add New Article.)
- A new screen should appear. Give it a name in the Title box.
- Decide whether or not it will be published
- Decide whether or not it will be shown on the front page of your site
- Select which Section, and which Category your article will be shown in.
- On the right side of the screen, decide who the author is (this usually defaults to your name since you are logged in.)
- Decide the access level (which users can see the article)
- Pick a Start Publishing Date. This defaults to the time and date of when you create the article. You can change it to a different time in the future, allowing you to create the article and it not publish until the time you decide. (Please remember that the time for this is military time.)
- Pick a date for Finish Publishing. If you do not want the article to stop publishing until you manually turn it off, then leave this blank.
- Under Parameters, change the settings to what you prefer. If you are wondering what each setting does, simply put your mouse over it for a second and it will explain.
- Enter in the content you want on your site.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
How to create an Article in the Back-End.
BEFORE YOU CREATE AN ARTICLE, YOU MUST FIRST HAVE A MODULE AND MENU ITEM SET UP. To see how you create a Module, follow this link. To see how to create a Menu, follow this link.